This 1999 film is UTTER GENIUS. It’s the best thing to come out of Seattle since Frasier and here’s just a few reasons why.
1. Ms. Perky (ALLISON JANNEY!) and her beautiful way with words.
2. The film fits more home truths into 99 minutes than I have in 21 years.
It’s okay to love JG-L even though he’s several years younger than you in the film, right?
3. Kat making everyone else look just plain ridiculous with her own unique brand of gurl power.
4. Patrick Verona’s bad boy completely gorgeous smile.
5. …Which, when accompanied by a wink, makes everyone’s knees become gelatinous, whatever sexual orientation you may be. Plus, the best chat-up line ever.
6. Mr. Morgan and his ATTITUDE why isn’t every English teacher exactly like this?
7. Dr. Stratford, who my Dad has adopted as his role model. Excellent. Anyway, he has some of the best lines in the film.
8. This film taught me how to dance whilst maintaining my crazy good looks.
9. Ms. Perky gave me a beginner’s guide to writing erotic literature.
10. The fact that they made an entire script of lines such as these –
LONG LIVE 10 THINGS.